WooCommerce Breadcrumbs is a simple WordPress plugin that allows you to restyle the WooCommerce breadcrumbs. It also gives you the ability to disable them completely so they no longer display.
By changing the HTML surrounding your breadcrumbs, you’re able to provide better options for styling your breadcrumbs in different ways. For example, the default breadcrumbs simply display links with a separator character. Using WooCommerce Breadcrumbs, you can change them to display as an unsorted list of links instead.
NOTE: This plugin wont actually style your breadcrumbs for you. It simply gives you the tools to change the HTML that wraps around your breadcrumbs.
WooCommerce Breadcrumbs gives you the following settings
- Breadcrumb separator: This is the separator to use between each breadcrumb
- Wrap before: The opening HTML tag to wrap before all your breadcrumbs
- Wrap after: The closing HTML tag to wrap after all your breadcrumbs
- Before: The opening HTML tag to wrap before each individual breadcrumb
- After: The closing HTML tag to wrap after each individual breadcrumb
- Home text: The text to use for the ‘Home’ breadcrumb
- Home URL: The URL that the ‘Home’ breadcrumb links to
If need be, you can also disable the breadcrumbs completely by deselcting the ‘Enable breadcrumbs’ checkbox. This will stop the breadcrumbs from displaying on your site.
If you notice there are a few less breadcrumb options on the settings page than you expected, then you’re mostly likely using a WooThemes Theme. WooTheme themes disable the WooCommerce breadcrumbs in favour of the WooFramework Breadcrumbs. The downside to this is that there aren’t quite as many options that can be changed with the WooFramework Breadcrumbs.
- Upload the ‘woocommerce-breadcrumbs’ folder to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the ‘Settings > WC Breadcrumbs’ menu to update the plugin settings
The following links are a just a couple of examples of how you could style your breadcrumbs after applying some changes using the WooCommerce Breadcrumbs plugin.